Today, DICE and EA released a massive 900MB sized game patch with a whole list of bug fixes aimed please the players of Battlefield 4.This first-person shooter has been a big hit since it was released earlier around October, which is a sequel to the previous release Battlefield 3 which won a lot of awards with one of it to be even the best shooter game of the year 2011.
Okay, now straight to the patch list which shows the full fixes and changes done to the game :-
- Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
- Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode”
- Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
- Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
- Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
- Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
- Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.
The following fixes are few of those commonly faced and complained issues that players have noticed during the gameplay. For those who have enabled SLI on their graphics and facing graphical glitches with flickering issues, not to worry as the developers are actually working on this, and another common issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen (common problem even faced in Battlefield 3) is also being worked on towards its permanent fix.
Have you patched your Battlefield 4 yet?