Nokia was earlier teasing in their Facebook page that they’re up to something after their own Nokia branding on Lumia devices swapped to Microsoft. Everyone was pretty eager as most of us as a Nokia lover would want something different, especially a Android powered smartphone perhaps? Well, we almost got it right as Nokia just introduced a device which is powered by Android, but not a smartphone. It is a 7.9 – inch tablet which looks very identical to the iPad Mini from Apple.
The Nokia N1 has a resolution of 2048 x 1536 and it is powered by the Quad core Intel Atom Z3580 processor clocked at 2.4GHz. You get 2GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM. Other than that, you be getting a 8MP back camera without a LED flash while the front selfie camera is set at 5MP.
Pretty much a solid device made of aluminium design, the Nokia N1 surely looks as premium as how the iPad Mini looks like. You get two speakers placed exactly like how it is placed on the iPad Mini, and instead of having a Lightning port, you get a type – C USB connector but remains at USB 2.0. More details about the type – C USB here. The Nokia N1 is extremely slim at just 6.9mm in thickness and last but not least you don’t get the trademark home button which belongs to Apple’s devices on the Nokia N1. 😛
Best part of the Nokia N1 is the operating system. It comes out of the box running on Android 5.0 Lollipop with on skin of Nokia’s own Nokia Z launcher. It comes in two colors, either Natural Aluminium or Lava Grey.
The company decided to launch the Nokia N1 in China for $249 (RM 840) around February 19th, and it will roll out to Russia and selected European countries after that.
Full Specification of the Nokia N1
- 138.6 mm
- 6.9 mm
- One-piece design
- Aluminum with surface anodization
- 318 g
- Natural Aluminum or Lava Gray
- 8 MP rear-facing camera with autofocus
- 5 MP front-facing camera, fixed focus
- 1080p video recording
- Buttons and connections
- 3.5 mm audio
- Micro-USB 2.0 with a Type-C reversible connector
- 7.9 inch (4:3)
- 2048×1536 resolution
- Gorilla® glass 3
- IPS panel with LED backlight
- Fully laminated zero air-gap display
- Intel® 64-bit Atom™ Processor Z3580, 2.3 GHz
- LPDDR3 (800 MHz), 2 GB
- eMMC 5.0, 32 GB
- PowerVR G6430, 533 MHz
- High Quality Discrete Audio Codec, Wolfson
- WM8958E, independent audio codec
- Two 0.5 W stereo speakers
- 90 dB with less than 10% total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Digital MIC Cavity resonance frequency more than 20 KHz
- 18.5 Wh (5300 mAh) rechargeable lithium polymer battery (3.7 V)
- 6-axis Gyro+Accelerometer
- Wi-Fi, (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz & 5GHz) with MIMO
- Bluetooth, BT 4.0
- Android™ 5.0 Lollipop
- Nokia Z Launcher
More details on the Nokia N1 at Nokia’s official website.